Wednesday, June 2, 2010
We started some pumpkins in cups a few days ago. I thought it would be a good way for Maggie to see the joy of growing something. We put about 5 seeds in each cup, and she was in charge of making sure they stayed watered.
Oh boy, did she make sure they stayed watered.
Most of them are swampy and muddy, but surprisingly they still started sprouting! We have 3 cups that have vines starting, the other 4 should come up any day now, if they will sprout at all.
I think we'll keep them in cups for a week or two more until they are sturdy enough to move outside.
I think this is a good opportunity for her to be responsible for something, and to see that her actions produce results.
Hopefully they're the results we want!